Baked Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe

Friday 24 February 2012

This is my first go at making a baked cheesecake. The ingredients are easy to find if not already available in the cupboard. And the best part?  It is simple to make but tastes much more complicated than it is - a great way to impress!

And since this was a success, I plan to make another one soon and bring it to the work. Almost everyone on our team bakes so the standard is high. I just hope they like it =)

Kayo? Have you tried a baked cheesecake? If not, you may want to give this a try...

Ingredients

8 Digestive biscuits
50g melted butter
600g cream cheese
2 tbsp plain flour
175g caster sugar
vanilla extract
2 eggs, plus 1 yolk
142ml pot soured cream
300g raspberries (you can also use strawberries)
icing sugar

Method

Heat the oven to 180℃. Crush 8 digestive biscuits in a food processor (or put in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin). Mix with 50g melted butter. Press into a 20cm springform tin and bake for 5 minutes, then cool.

Beat 600g cream cheese with 2 tbsp flour, 175g caster sugar, a few drops of vanilla extract, 2 eggs, 1 yolk, and 142ml pot of soured cream until light and fluffy. Stir in 150g raspberries and pour into the tin. Bake for 40 minutes and then check, it should be set but slightly wobbly in the centre. Leave in the tin to cool.

Using the remaining 150g raspberries, keep a few for the top and put the rest in a pan with 1 tbsp icing sugar. Heat until juicy and then squash with a fork. Push through a sieve. Serve the cheesecake with the raspberry sauce and raspberries. 

Recipe from BBC GoodFood

8 comments:

  1. That's mouth watering. I'll save the recipe for future use. Right at this time ang alam ko lang kumain,hahaha, but i would like to give it a try someday. Naalala ko bigla si Ms. Beutiful, yung gumagawa ng cupcake. I am sure magugustuhan ng team niyo yan sis and magugustuhan din namin yan ni Twin sis. hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! sarap naman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. weeeeeeeeee..enge ako Krizzy..wala na akong oven eh huhuhu..I bake before when I was still living with my parents..choco mayonnaise cake is their favorite but now that I am a single Mom so busy talaga..but when I'll go home this summer I'll try this one too..I always love cheesecake sis Krizzy..blue berry cheesecake of Red Ribbon hihihi..thank you for sharing..I'll wait for your next baking adventure..I'll copy it sis Krizzy ha..magandang umaga *hugs* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krizzy_kalokangPinay28 February 2012 at 21:49

    I'll make a no bake cheesecake soon para mas madaling gawin sis =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krizzy_kalokangPinay28 February 2012 at 21:50

    Ive never tried a choco mayonnaise cake before, any chance you still have that recipe? I'll try a no bake cheesecake next time para mas madaling gawin =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi krizzy! panu gumawa ng icing sugar? never heard e..hehe..=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krizzy_kalokangPinay8 March 2012 at 23:05

    Hi Macy, It is also called powdered sugar or confectioners sugar and is widely available in big supermarkets =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deliciouso! Really wanna try this one.. following your blog. Mind following me back? 
    http://graciegoesgaga.blogspot.com/ thanks!

    ReplyDelete